makes about 15 patties depending on the size
- mixed organic vegetables of your choice eg: 4 carrots, 2 medium potatoes or kumara, a cup of broccoli florets, 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 organic eggs
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of organic flour of your choice -spelt/buckwheat/chickpea or besan flour/rice flour/tapioca starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp organic curry powder
- Optional – ground organic seeds of your choice – sesame seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds
- coconut oil for cooking
- Vegan option: Omit the eggs and use 1 tsp baking powder
- Gluten free option: use gluten free flours like – besan/chickpea flour, rice flour, tapioca starch or buckwheat flour
Process all the veggies in a food processor until fine. Take them out in a bowl, add eggs and mix well, add flour, ground seeds, salt and spices. Mix until all is well combined. It should be a thick mix and not runny. If it is runny add more flour, if its dry add some water. Let it sit for a few minutes up to 2 hrs. Heat some coconut oil or sesame oil in a pan. With a spoon, scoop the mix and place it in the pan, pat it down to make a patty. Make a few patties at a time. Cover and let it cook on low heat. Flip over when they are golden brown and bake the side with lid closed. Once both sides are done, take them out on a serving dish layered with some paper towels to soak up excess oil and moisture. Serve with the mustard sauce, mayonnaise or any other sides of your choice. Enjoy warm!
3 tsp organic mustard, 3 tsp organic ketchup, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp organic coconut aminos, 1 tsp organic tamari, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp organic sesame or coconut oil, juice of half lime or lemon, some crushed garlic and little water. Put all the ingredients in a glass jar and shake, store in fridge.
- with a side dish of fresh green salad
- with a side dish of mashed sweet potato and stir fried vegetables
- sprinkled with roasted onions and pesto
- served with mayonnaise or mustard sauce
Ayurvedic Nutritional Perspective:
This is a balanced dish for Vata and Pitta constitutions. It is nourishing and wholesome which is very grounding. A great snack loved by kids and adults alike.