Instructions for Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- Prepare the round cake tin.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Divide the batter into the prepared pans, then pop them in the oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely before frosting.
Method for Frosting:
Boil coconut milk in a pot using medium heat. Set aside. Break the chocolate into pieces. Then pour the milk into the chocolate. Set aside for 3 minutes. Then stir until smooth. Once the ganache is cool enough, pour onto the cake. Enjoy warm!
This is a wholesome cake/loaf made with vegan, gluten free ingredients. Very nourishing and more-ish, comforting and grounding.
The recipe yields 1 decent size round cake or loaf cake or 2 layers of 8” cake or 16-18 cupcakes.
- 2½ cups gluten free flour – mix of tapioca, buckwheat, rice, almond flour OR use just almond flour
- ¾ cup sugar and 7 drops of stevia (if you are using carob as well otherwise use a bit more stevia– see next line)
- ½ cup carob and ½ cup cocoa – carob gives a nice chocolaty taste and takes away the bitterness of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cinnamom
- 1 to 2 finely chopped banana
- 2 cups non-dairy Milk of choice – almond milk, oatmilk or coconut milk. Adjust the quantity of milk to make the right consistency. You can add some water.
- ⅔ cups or 115 gms of melted coconut oil. if using pure almond flour half the amount of oil as almonds have natural oils
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 150 g coconut milk or half coconut and half soy milk
- 100 g 70% dark organic dairy free chocolate
- A little honey / agave and pinch salt