Instructions for Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- Prepare the round cake tin.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Divide the batter into the prepared pans, then pop them in the oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely before frosting.
Method for Frosting:
Boil coconut milk in a pot using medium heat. Set aside. Break the chocolate into pieces. Then pour the milk into the chocolate. Set aside for 3 minutes. Then stir until smooth. Once the ganache is cool enough, pour onto the cake. Enjoy warm!
The recipe yields 1 decent size round cake or loaf cake or 2 layers of 8” cake or 16-18 cupcakes.
- 2½ Cups Flour – mix of tapioca, buckwheat, spelt, sorghum
- ¾ cup sugar and 7 drops of stevia (if you are using carob as well otherwise use a bit more stevia– see next line)
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder. I prefer ½ cup Carob and ½ cup Cocoa, then you need to use less sugar/sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamom
- 1 to 2 finely chopped banana
- 2 Cups Non-Dairy Milk of choice. I use oatmilk and coconut cream. Adjust the quantity of milk to make the right consistency. You can add some water.
- ⅔ Cups or 120gms of melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 150 g coconut milk or half coconut and half soy milk
- 100 g 70% dark organic chocolate
- A little honey / agave and pinch salt