Umami is a Japanese words that translates to “pleasant savory taste” and has been described as brothy or meaty. Umami is a taste that is used to describe deep savory taste similar to that of miso, cheese, seaweed, nutritional yeast and mushrooms.
This Seed Sprinkle has a deep Umami flavor and is versatile to use in all dishes like salads, cooked dishes, toast, sandwich. Use it like a sprinkle on anything you want to add flavor to. It has a balanced taste of savory and sweet along with the depths of flavors from roasted seeds, nutritional yeast and spices. It adds protein and good fats to your dishes.
- Roasted Sesame Seeds ground up 1/4 cup
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds ground up 1/4 cup
- Raw Hemp Seeds ground up 1/4 cup
- Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp
- Onion Powder 1/2 tsp
- Kelp Salt or Himalayan Salt 1 tsp
- Coconut Sugar 1 tbsp
- Nutritional Yeast flakes or powder 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper ground up 2 pinches
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Chili or Cayenne Pepper (optional) 1/4 tsp
Mix all in food processor to mix well, store in a glass jar in the fridge. Enjoy!