- 1/2 cup coconut oil at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown raw sugar or 1/4 cup brown sugar plus 5 drops stevia OR pureed dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup or 120 gms tahini or almond butter if you prefer that
- 1 cup gluten free flour. I use a mix of almond, buckwheat and sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup Raw Amazonia Paleo fermented protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- a handful of dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 165C.
- Cream together the oil and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and tahini, mix until well combined. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder, add the protein powder and chocolate chips, then stir into butter mixture. Drop onto an un-greased cookie sheet in tablespoon-sized pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until they turn golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet 10 to 15 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Ayurvedic and Nutritional Perspective:
Vata pacifying and nourishing. These are rich with butter and tahini which balances the vata dosha. Packed with nutrients and protein, an all time go to snack.