Tahini Apricot Protein Bliss Balls
Process the halved apricots in food processor until they are cut in fine pieces, don’t over process otherwise it will becomes sticky dough. Add ground sesame seeds and cashews and process so it mixed well. Add the rest of the ingredients and process. Form small balls and roll in dessicated coconut or cacao powder. Store in fridge. Enjoy on its own or serve with ice cream! They can be made ahead and stored in freezer.
Sesame and cashews are grounding and pacifying for Vata, therefore favourable. Medicinal Mushrooms and Tonic herbs give this dish an added nutritional profile. The gentle sweetness of Apricots is also very favourable to Vata and Pitta Doshas (Constitution). Coconut Oil is a neutral oil and supports and balances all three doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Fermented Protein Powder gives the bliss balls additional protein and good energy for Vata and PItta.
Ingredients for 20 balls
- 1 cup dried halved organic apricots
- 1/2 cup organic cashews
- 5-6 tbsp organic tahini
- 1/2 cup roasted ground organic sesame seeds
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 4 tbsp organic coconut oil, room temperature
- 4 tbsp Fermented Paleo Protein from Raw Amazonia
- 2 tbsp Mason’s Mushrooms Powder
- 2 tbsp He Shou Wu Powder
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder
- 2 tbsp honey or 5-6 drops stevia
- For rolling: dessicated coconut, cacao powder