Makes about 16 mini tarts or you can make a big cake in a standard size tart tin
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup apricots
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp carob
- pinch of salt
- 2 drops stevia
- 2 tsp coconut oil and little water to help bind
Orange Mango Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained
- 1 tin mangoes or a pack of frozen mangoes
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 drops stevia
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch salt
Chocolate glaze – optional:
1/4 cup of organic chocolate chips 70% dark, 2 drops Stevia & melted with 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Make the base by pulsing almonds, cacao, carob powder and salt. Process until fine. Take it out in a bowl. Now process apricots until finely cut, add the almond mix, stevia, some water and coconut oil and process until well mixed. This mix should be slightly sticky so that it can be pressed in the molds.
- Make small balls and press the mixture part into the silicone molds with slightly wet fingers, for the dough not to stick and set in the freezer while you prepare the cream filling.
- Place all filling ingredients except coconut oil into a high speed blender, and blend until completely smooth. Now slowly add the melted coconut oil and blend further.
- Using big spoon, scoop 3 to 4 tablespoons of orange cream into each mold on top of the almond base.
- Tap the mold on the table gently to settle the filling in and get rid of the air bubbles.
- Decorate with some blueberries or anything that catches your fancy.
- Freeze overnight or for about 4 hours, then remove from mold.
- Decorate the cakes with melted drizzled chocolate and twisted orange peel!
This is a nourishing dessert for people with Vata and Pitta Constitutions. Vata people need grounding foods to balance out the excess of air and ether elements. Pitta people need cooling as well as grounding foods to balance excess of Fire element. For Kapha people this will be a bit too rich, however they can have it once in a while.