Who doesn’t love a warm, comforting mug of hot chocolate. I absolutely do! Here is how I like to make it and love to share it with you. This Cacao Elixir has not only the anti-oxidant and mineral rich raw cacao but also medicinal mushrooms, which takes it to a different level altogether. Try it and you will never want to go back to the ordinary hot chocolate again.
Ingredients: makes 2 cups
- 3 tsps raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp Mason’s Mushrooms Powder
- 1/2 tsp He Shou Wu Powder
- 1 tsp Tremella Powder
- 1 tsp raw cacao butter (if you don’t have cacao butter you can use 2 small cubes of organic raw dairy free chocolate)
- 1 cup dairy free milk of your choice – I use organic almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup pure water
- 2 tsp honey, agave syrup or coconut sugar
Gently warm the milk and water. Add cacao powder, medicinal mushrooms powders, cacao butter, sweetener in your mug. Slowly add the warmed up milk and whisk it with a battery whisk. Sprinkle some raw cacao powder and cinnamon on top. Enjoy the divinely delicious, creamy, frothy warm drink!