About my Sauerkraut
I use organic cabbage and other vegetables. herbs and spices to prepare Raw “Living” Sauerkraut.
500 gm jar (Net Weight) $15
Pick up from Beach Haven. Order ahead as it goes out quick 🙂
Benefits of Sauerkraut
In all ancient traditions, our ancestors have used fermented foods abundantly. Fermented foods are one of the most important foods that we needs to take on a daily or regular basis to balance the microbiome in our gut. Our immune health lies in our gut health and therefore its important to keep the gut flora healthy and balanced. The process of fermentation imbues our food with probiotics. Probiotics are the “beneficial bacteria”. Therefore fermented foods are one of the most important foods that we needs to take on a daily or regular basis to balance the microbiome in our gut
To get the full health benefits, sauerkraut needs to be raw. A few of the many benefits are listed below:
- Balances the microbiome and beneficial gut flora with probiotics
- Cabbage contains natural isothiocyanate compounds (such as sulphoraphane) which have cancer-fighting properties
- important nutrients like K2 is delivered from cheese curd
- helps improve digestion especially for people with food sensitivities, irritable bowel syndrome
- better absorption of nutrients from the food
- In the 16th to the 19th century, sauerkraut was used to protect against scurvy in sailors, because of its extremely high vitamin C content
- helps detoxify heavy metals
- feeling of well being is increased manifold
- Sauerkraut will boost your circulation, and stimulate your immune system
Check out this link for some interesting information on Sauerkraut.
To place your order click here to contact me!
Or contact on 021 132 5701