Fire Cider As the name implies, fire cider is firey with a bite to it. It is raw apple cider infused with various vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices for 6 weeks. This takes the apple cider vinegar to a different level altogether and makes a medicinal herbal vinegar out of it.
Kapha Dosha: Fire Cider is a balancing health drink for people with Kapha constitution (water and earth elements) or Kapha imbalance (excess build up of water and earth elements). Peopl with Kapha imbalance or Kapha constitution have low metabolism, tendency to gain weight and build up of mucous and toxins. Fire Cider improves metabolism and circulation and if you experience cold hands and feet, this is the drink to go. It cleans out the tubes and channels and any excess build up of clogging, congestion and toxins.
Vata Dosha: People with Vata constitution (air and ether elements) or Vata imbalance (excess of air and water elements) will benefit from taking small amounts of this drink. Vata Dosha when out of balance makes the person feel cold, airy or bloated, uprooted, spaced out, anxious and confused. Fire Cider will balance this out with its warming and grounding properties.
Pitta Dosha: People with Pitta constitution (fire and water elements) or Pitta imbalance (excess of fire and water elements) need to drink it sparingly, as it can throw their fire element out of balance and increase it due to its firey, pungent properties. They can drink it in moderation over winter months but avoid in summer.
Drinking regularly in autumn, winter and spring will keep the chills away and your immune system strong especially for Kapha and Vata constitutions.
- 1 – 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 bulb garlic chopped
- 3 inch piece of fresh ginger root, grated or finely chopped
- 3 inch piece of fresh turmeric root, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tsps Cayenne Pepper or 2 fresh hot Jalapeno peppers
- 1 orange quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped oregano or 2 tbsps of dried oregano herb
- 2 tbsps fresh chopped rosemary of 1 tbsp dried rosemary herb
- 2 tbsps fresh chopped thyme of 1 tbsp dried thyme herb
- 1 tsp black peppercorns crushed
- Raw organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Raw organic honey (optional)
Place all of the vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices in a clean 1 litre wide mouthed mason jar. Fill the jar with vinegar, covering all the ingredients. Thee should be no air bubbles. Cap the jar. If using a metal lid, place a piece of parchment or wax paper between the jar and the lid to prevent corrosion from the vinegar. Shake well.
Let the jar sit in a cupboard for 6 weeks, shaking daily (or as often as you remember). Strain the vinegar into a clean bottle. Add honey to taste if you like but there is no need. Refrigerate and use as needed. A good quantity is 1-2 tbsp a day. If illness strikes, take 1 tsp every hour or so.
- immune booster
- digestive drink
- packed with vitamins, minerals & enzymes
- improves circulation and metabolism
Ways to use Fire Cider:
- Make a health drink by mixing about 20mls or more of fire cider with some coconut water in a beautiful champagne glass.
- Use it as dressing over salads and food
- Drink neat for the firey sensation and instant warm up
- Mix with warm water and drink like tea