Many women are affected by stress and environmental toxins that affects their fertility and ability to conceive. I would like to share some insights into what one can do to help support overall health for women and reproductive organs.
- Alkalize your body by doing a gentle detox before the conception process to help create an alkaline environment inside your body. This includes, mainly plant based diet – plenty of vegetables and fruits, vegetable juices, micro greens and sprouts, barley grass powder. Remove acidic foods like – meat, eggs, dairy, sugar, alcohol and coffee.
- Hydration is of utmost importance to keep all the systems running smoothly. Up to 2L of alkaline water daily will do you wonders.
- Candida – all of us have candida and when it gets out of balance various health problems begin like digestive issues, brain fog, fatigue, infertility, skin issues, sleep disruptions, abnormal cycle and vaginal yeast infection. It would be only wise to keep the candida in check and take foods regularly that have pro-biotics in them like kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut and yogurt. Additionally taking a good pro-biotic supplement will really help to take care of your gut and immune and get rid of any excess candida growth.
- Essential Oils are therapeutic and can help greatly in this process. A few of them I would like to share here. Clary Sage – this is calming and grounding oil and can be used anytime and all year round. It balance hormones and maintains cycle regularity and helps reduce PMS. Grapefruit Oil – helps to establish healthy progesterone levels and stabilise mood and KEEP that pregnancy. Tea Tree Oil – it is a powerful anti-fungal and yet gentle on the skin and this will help get rid of candida. Lavender Oil will help keep you calm, centered and cool. Ylang Ylang is a gorgeous smelling very balancing feminine oil. Sweet Fennel works on digestive system, its warming and very good for hormonal balance. The more regular you use the essential oils, the more beneficial. Benefit comes from consistent use and less is more. All essential oils can be used by rubbing 1 drop neat on the soles of your feet or apply mixed in coconut/almond oil on your abdomen, lower back, behind the ears, back of neck, inside the arms and inner part of knees. A general ratio is 12 drops of essential oils to 30 mls of base oil but you can vary it. You can make a blend and keep ready to use at all times. Use it 2 to 3 times daily. Tea Tree, Grapefruit and other citrus oils can be used throughout the pregnancy. Sweet Fennel and Clary Sage to be used until you are pregnant and stop during pregnancy.
- Self massage – a daily gentle massage with a blend of these essential oils will do wonders. Apply the oil on the back of the ears, neck, chest and shoulders, inner arms, inside of the knees, on and around the ankles and abdomen area as well as lower back. There are quite a few acupressure points that you can massage on daily basis to balance the hormones and organs and create an environment for conception. I would suggest you research and educate on this topic to help yourself.
- Hot Water Bottle Trick – after intercourse, lie down on your back and place the hot water bottle on your pelvic floor/vaginal area for 15 to 20 min. Apparently heat helps the sperms to reach the eggs.
- Baking Soda Douche – Baking soda has alkalizing properties. Baking soda douche will help to alkalise the environment inside the vagina so conception can happen easier. Here is how you do it – 2 tablespoons of baking soda mixed with 1 litre of lukewarm water. Buy a douche bottle. It needs a good wash before filling with the baking soda solution. Douche with the solution about 5 to 30 min before each and every baby making attempt. Here is the link to a scientific report on the success of this method. Using a douche to aid conception was first introduced in the 1930s by a German doctor who advised seemingly infertile women to use the baking soda solution. The results were staggering … many of the women become pregnant and, surprisingly, most of the babies were boys.
- Meditation and relaxation – Integrating regular mindfulness meditation practices will not only help you focus your mind but create this inner relaxation which is very important for pregnancy. Fight and flight mode shuts down the reproductive and digestive systems. So in order to improve fertility it’s is crucial to be able to de-stress and relax on day to day basis.
- I Am Gaia blend (from SuperFeast) includes many prominent herbs used to tonify the reproductive organs, an action which assists fertility and libido. The Gaia blend is great for those looking to enhance these areas of health. The dosage would be 1/4 to 1/2 tsp mixed in tea, smoothie or shake.
- Reishi Medicinal Mushroom is used to fortify immunity, adaptability and hormone health and offers the nervous system deep support. Reishi has been well researched and proven for it’s calming, centering and balancing properties. In the eastern philosophy there is a concept of “reishi babies”, this is a beautiful quality observed in babies whose mothers took Reishi during and after pregnancy. Reishi is amazing for people with anxiety, depression, nervous tension, gut related issues and weak immune system. Its a bit bitter in taste, the dosage is 1/4 to 1/2 tsp mixed in warm water, tea, smoothie or shake. It builds your life force or Chi according to Chinese Medicine.
- Maca is a Peruvian root vegetable famous for balancing hormones, providing strength and stamina and improving libido. I highly recommend this particular brand – Maca for Women by Seleno Health. It is organic and fair trade, sourced ethically and supporting the small businesses in Peru.
- Happiness – doing what keeps you happy is important for all of us but even more important for a mother to be. SO find time for activities that give you joy and lightness.
- Ayurvedic Massage and Reiki – taking regular massage sessions will keep the body and mind in balance, activate lymph system, support the endocrine system and relax the nervous and digestive system which is essential for getting pregnant.
- Trusting your inner intuition and not letting any doubts get in the way. This is very important to maintain emotional equilibrium and joyfulness in life.
Thank you for reading till end and hope you got some insights and inspirations from this post. If you have any questions or like to book a massage, healing session or a health consultation please feel free to contact me on +64 21 132 5701 or via the contact form on this website. I make essential oil blends if you would like to get one for yourself.
If you wish to try any tonic herbs and medicinal mushrooms mentioned above, please contact me you can place an order via the Shop
In joy and health