Method: In a blender add first avocado and feijoas, then the greens and other ingredients. Blend till smooth and creamy. Enjoy any time of the day.
Ayurvedic and Nutritional Perspective: It’s balancing all the three Doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. This is a very alkalizing and super nutritious smoothie. Sprouts are packed full of living enzymes, vitamins and protein. Fejoas are packed full of Vitamin C. Leafy greens provide various vitmains, minerals and chlorophyll. Avocado provides substance, creamy texture and it’s good oils. Sesame seeds are rich in calcium and other minerals.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 4 feijoas – flesh only
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh sprouts – alfa alfa, mung bean, brown lentils
- 2 bunches of mixed wild and organic leafy greens and herbs – spinach, rocket, dandelion, mustard, kale, coriander, parsley
- pinch of himalayan salt
- pinch of kelp powder – high in natural iodine
- 2 tbsp olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp ground sesame seeds or any seeds of your choice – you can use nut or seed butter instead
- 200 ml coconut water
- 1 tsp spirulina powder – this will add protein and much more nutrients
- 1 tsp ashwagandha powder – Ashwagandha is a adaptogen herb and gives strength to Vata and Pitta constitutions