- 2 cups almond flour or gluten free flour of your choice
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar and 10 drops stevia OR 10 medjool dates soaked and pureed with little water
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp carob powder – this balances the bitter taste of cocoa and adds to the chocolaty flavour
- 2 cups / 320 gms finely grated zuchini
- 60 gm melted coconut oil when using almond flour. If using gluten free flours use 115 gm oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk of your choice – almond, coconut milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup gluten and dairy free chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. In a bowl mix dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, cacao and carob and chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, mix melted oil with stevia or date puree, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar and non dairy milk. Gently fold in flour mix and grated zuchini, alternating. Oil a baking tin and pour in the mix. Bake for 45 min or until skewer comes clean. Let cool and take out from the tin. Serve warm with a dollop of coconut cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- You can add walnuts in the mix before baking.
- Glaze can be made by melting gluten free and vegan chocolate chips with some coconut cream and apply with a brush or spoon. Makes it more decadent.
Ideal for people with gluten and dairy sensitivity. Vegans can also enjoy it as there is no use of eggs or dairy. Packed with nutrition from almonds, zuchini and cacao.