Chocolate Mousse Tart
9 inch pie – 12 servings
Tart Base –
- 1and 1/4 cup raw almonds or walnuts (unsoaked)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup pitted Mejdool dates (unsoaked)
Place the nuts, coconut and salt in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Process until finely ground. Add the dates and process until the mixture begins to stick together. Don’t over process.
Press it in the Pie Dish and freeze for 3-4 hours.
Stored in a sealed container, this will keep for 1 month in the refrigerator or for 3 months in the freezer. The crust doesn’t need to be thawed before using.
Chocolate Mousse – Ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup pitted Mejdool dates, soaked, keep the water to mix in the mousse OR use 6 tbsp of Honey or Agave Syrup and 10 drops of Stevia
- 1 – 2 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 mashed avocadoes
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa and carob powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
Place the dates and vanilla in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until smooth. Add the avocado and cocoa powder and process until creamy. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the water and process briefly.
Now take the Frozen Tart base out and fill it with the Chocolate Mousse. Decorate with Blueberries, Goji berries etc and place in the freezer for 8 hours to set.
Take out 1 hour before eating and cut in slices. Can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days or frozen again.