- 2 cups wholemeal, white spelt flour or gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa or carob powder
- A good pinch salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar plus 10 drops stevia or 1,1/2 cup soaked and pureed dates
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large very ripe bananas well mashed
- 115 gm or ¾ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 eggs beaten – optional
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
Prepare cake tin and turn oven on to 350 F or 175C. Mix all 5 dry ingredients into a bowl. In a separate bowl mix oil, eggs, mashed bananas, vinegar. Gently fold the dry ingredients in. Pour into a cake tin.
Cook for 35 to 50 mins (depending on oven) till when you press it down lightly with your finger it pops up again.
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 tablespoon soft honey
- 1 teaspoon dark cocoa
- little warm water
Mix cocoa and warm water, then mix tahini and honey and taste. Apply over the cake with the help of a brush. Enjoy!