- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour or gluten free flour of your choice
- 1/3 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp celtic or himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup / 75 gms melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup / 48 gms coconut sugar
- 6 drops Stevia (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups / 400 gms mashed bananas
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Heat the oven to 180 C. In a bowl, mix almond flour, cacao powder, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. In a separate bowl, add coconut oil, coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar, stevia. Mix well. Now add the dry ingredients and mashed banana with a rubber spatula, gently folding in. Do not over mix as this is the secret to fluffy cake or muffins. Place in a cake tin of your choice and bake for 40 min or until the skewer comes out clean. Let it cool a little.
Frosting – Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl, The consistency should be thick and easy to spread with a knife. Spread it evenly on the cake, cut and serve warm. Enjoy!
Ayurvedic Nutritional Properties:
This cake is moist and nutty as almond flour gives it that substance and moisture. It has nourishing and grounding quality and great for people with vata and pitta constitution.