Golden Milk Elixir
• 1/4 cup of Organic turmeric powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of Organic ground pepper
• 1/2 cup of filtered water
Mix all ingredients in a small cooking pot and stir well. Turn the heat to a medium and mix constantly until the mixture becomes a thick paste. It takes only a few minutes so please do not leave the stove. Let the mixture cool off, and then keep it in a small jar in the refrigerator. it will keep fresh for a week at least.
• 1 cup of oat milk/almond milk/hemp milk/ coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
• 1/4 (or more) teaspoon of turmeric paste
• Raw Honey or Agave Syrup
Mix all ingredients in a cooking pot, except the honey. Turn the heat to medium. While you are heating the mixture, make sure you constantly stir and do not let it boil. Add honey according to your taste. Enjoy! This is great way to start the day and end the day.
Health benefits of Turmeric (Curcumin):
Turmeric is not just a spice in the Indian Kitchen. It is actually loaded with amazing healing and medicinal properties. It has an active compound called Curcumin. By adding black pepper with turmeric, the bioavailability of curcumin is increased for about 1000 times, due to the piperine, the pungent property of the black pepper. A few of the many benefits of Turmeric (Curcumin), are listed below.
• Anti-inflammatory activity, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic
• Strengthens the immune system
• Helps in the maintaining of the cholesterol levels
• Improves the digestive health
• Detoxification of the liver
• Regulates the metabolism and controls the weight
• High blood pressure
• Memory and brain
• Various skin conditions
• Neurological disorders
• Reduces Triglycerides
Some informative articles on the “golden wonder spice” for you to read and research –